As part of the Digital Transformation of Atea, we have an open position as Group Product Owners (GPO) for ‘My Atea’.
The product exists today, and there is a need to accelerate the development, usage and Digital Transformation on how Atea is doing business with its customers. ‘My Atea’ plays a key role here.
Atea Group Product Owner - "My Atea"
The Nordic position as Product Owner is a senior position that requires not only a powerful business and commercial mindset but also insight into agile development methods (e.g. SCRUM). You will own the business case for the product, collect business requirements (read: product backlog), together with countries create the product roadmap and have a close collaboration with the development team at Group IT. Your word will be final when a developed product increment is ready for release.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Acting as primary liaison between the business (countries) and Group IT
- Business case owner – defining the vision
- You will be accountable for the success of your product across the Atea group
- Collecting business requirements
- Creating and maintaining product roadmap and backlog
- Collaborating in the planning of product increments and development
- Anticipating customer (internal & external) needs
- Prioritizing development needs
- Evaluating product progress
- Creation and execution of go to market plans for your product
Your main tasks and deliverables will be:
- Primary responsibility for building, editing, and maintaining the product backlog - User Stories, epics and themes
- Review and reprioritize the product backlog as part of the preparation work for program iteration planning, including coordination of dependencies with other Product Owners. The Product Owner is the primary source for story detail and priorities and has the responsibility of representing the product requirements in the iteration planning, together with other stakeholders
- Participate in Program Steering Groups and Product Working Groups and provide owning the Product Backlog and actively refining it
- Participate in the planning of IT Programs (realization of Product Backlog)
- Help validate the definition of Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) for IT Program and guide decision based on delivery of the MVP
- Participate in team demo - reviewing and accepting user stories
- Participate in the Iteration Retrospective - improve team processes together with scrum master
- Work across teams to define and implement improvement stories to increase the velocity and quality of the program
We expect you to live up the following:
- Degree in business or engineering – a technical background/interest is a must
- At least 5 years working experience from sales, business management, or product/service management
- Knowledge of agile product development and SCRUM – certification and previous PO work experience is a plus
- Excellent communication, networking, writing and presentation skills
- In depth understanding of Ateas market – read: know what customers want
- Requires strong understanding of the inner workings of the Atea group and a successful candidate will have a proven track record and demonstrated their understanding and business acumen – read: exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Very strong English language skills plus at least one Nordic language
- Being visionary
- Possibility to travel extensively in the Nordics as stakeholders are in each Atea country
From us you can expect the following:
- A senior management team standing behind you and supporting you always
- Renumeration that reflects the importance of the positions
- A fun, developing and society influencing place to work – Atea is TP2B and is building the Nordics with IT
- Long days and hours – read: a lot of work, but still fun
This position will have a great influence on how customers perceive doing business with Atea in the future. You will be part of the Product Management unit and the digital transformation of Atea anchored at a group level in Atea.
Questions to the positions can be directed to Ilja Godau, Atea ASA, +45 30 78 00 59 or email@example.com.